The Anishinabe Spiritual Centre is a place of peace, a beautiful retreat space, a welcoming conference centre. It is an ideal setting for conferences, seminars, workshops, business meetings, group retreats, and directed and undirected individual retreats. Since 1981, ASC has welcomed many people, Native and non-Native, to deepen their spirituality, to become educated and trained in the leadership of their faith, and to retreat and recreate.
Our timber frame and log buildings offer comfortable, rustic accommodations. Situated in the wilderness of Northern Ontario, in the Manitoulin Island–North Shore region, our cottages are nestled among trees at the edge of scenic Anderson Lake.
Wasse’aandimikaning – a place of enlightenment for spiritual nourishment, growth and healing.
Wasse’aandimikaning provides the opportunities to find the Creator within self, others and in all creation as guided and inspired by our ancestors, elders and Jesuit tradition.
Rooted in the Christian tradition and building on the history of the Jesuit communities working with First Nations peoples in this region of Canada, we value:
- Respect and Dignity
- Healing and Reconciliation
Prioritized List of objectives:
- To continue with the Anishinabe Leadership Formation Program for Deacons and Diocesan Order Service
- To provide opportunities for spiritual nourishment
- To provide programs for the promotion of wholistic health
- To be a home for Jesuits and other religious communities
- To be a place for conferences and groups concerned with spirituality and well-being that promote the goals of the Centre
- To communicate broadly to aboriginal and non-aboriginal communities/individuals