Anishinabe Spiritual Centre
The Anishinabe Spiritual Centre, Wasseaandimikaaning, a facility owned and operated by the Jesuit Fathers of the English Canadian province, is a retreat, conference, ministry formation Centre based just outside the town of Espanola, Ontario. The principle work of the Centre is the formation of indigenous Catholic men and women for ministry in the First Nation communities of the Dioceses of Sault Ste. Marie. Many other groups, organizations and individuals ranging from twelve to forty people make use of this site to host their own programs.
• Waase´aandimikaaning – a place of enlightment for spiritual nourishment, growth and healing..
• Waase´aandimikaaning provides the opportunities to find the creator within self, others and in all creation as guided and inspired by our ancestors, elders and Jesuit tradition.
• To continue with the Anishinabe Leadership Formation Program for Deacons and DOS
• To provide opportunities for spiritual nourishment
• To provide programs for promotion of holistic health
• To be a home for Jesuits and other religious communities
• To be a place for conferences and groups concerned with spirituality and well-being that promote the goals of the Centre
• To communicate broadly to aboriginal and not-aboriginal communities/individuals
We offer overnight accommodations in dormitories in the main building for up to 23 people.
We also offer cabins which are equipped with stove, fridge and washroom.
1st person $60*
2nd or more $35*
Youth 13-19 $25*
Children 0 -12 free
* Cost per night/person and does not include meals.
Your group can make use of a meeting space (main room, Beedabun chapel, library, dining room or summer dining room), including projector, screen, dvd player, cd player, flipchart, white board.
We provide delicious meals
Buffet style for groups of 15 or more people
Breakfast: $ 9.50
* Prices subject to change.