All of us have to deal with conflict, violence and painful memories. This weekend tries to offer an introduction to Restorative Justice. This alternative approach to justice could give us tools to expand our understanding, to get started on a healing journey, and to rediscover balance, harmony and well-being in our lives and communities.
When? June 15, 16 & 17 (starting with supper Friday 5:00 p.m., Saturday and ending Sunday with lunch at 1:00 p.m.)
Where? the course will be held at Anishinabe Spiritual Centre in Espanola, ON, a beaufiful retreat centre on Anderson Lake.
- Friday starts at 5:00 p.m. with supper (You can arrive earlier and take advantage of the beauty of nature, surrounding the Centre; you can also go kayaking or canoeing! ).
- 5:00 p.m. supper
- Introductory session
- Saturday starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 8:00 p.m. with time for sessions, meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), and free time.
- 8:00 breakfast
- Group work
- 12:00 lunch
- Free time
- Sunday starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 1:00 p.m. after lunch.
- 8:00 a.m. breakfast
- Mass (optional)
- You can stay on for more days, if you so desire for a retreat time or rest and/or to visit some of the local sites on Manitoulin Island (at extra cost of $35 per night for loodging).
- Fr. Philippe Landenne S.J.
- Jesuit Priest
- Prision chaplain in Belgium for 25 years
- Founder of a basis community welcoming ex-inmates in the city of Liege (Belgium)
- $270 includes:
- Shared room (friday and saturday night)
- Friday supper, 3 meals on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on sunday
- All sessions of the course
- Wireless internet access
- Bursary available for those who qualify (seniors over 65, students and low income)
If you want to register or ask for additional information, fill out the following form:
Error: Contact form not found.